Covid-19: Changes That Will Be Occurring at ONS
Children Need to Learn, Socialize & Play
Oconomowoc Nursery School is pleased to announce that starting in September of 2020 we will be offering adaptive 2.5 and 3K programs that offer best safety practices while allowing children the opportunity to socialize and play with their peers while learning in a calm yet stimulating environment with two loving teachers, each with 30+ years of preschool experience.
Changes That Will Be Occurring at ONS
- Class sizes will be reduced to a maximum of twelve students.
- Staff will greet arriving students at the door. Parents and Grandparents will be asked to not enter the school area other than to drop-off and pick-up in the foyer. Unfortunately, for the time being we will not have Helping Parents in the classroom.
- The temperature of all staff and students will be taken and recorded upon arrival before admittance.
- Staff will assist children with their coats, backpacks, and boots.
- Staff will help the children wash their hands before entering the classroom.
- Children will not be required to wear a mask or social distance with each other.
- ONS will take extreme care to sanitize surfaces before and after class.
- Sensory items like Floam and Play-doh will be disposed of weekly and will not be shared between classes.
- Toys, games, puzzles, books, and manipulatives will be rotated often and will not be shared between classes. Our inventory is large!
- At this time – all snacks offered to students will be pre-packaged by the manufacturer.
As Social and Safety Practices Dictate - We hope we are able to add back some of our family favorites: Participation in the Oconomowoc High School Homecoming Parade, All Family Halloween Party, Breakfast with Santa, Chili Cook Off & Hot Dog Dinner, Grandparents Days, and our All Family Picnic.
For the time being - Children will have in classroom Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine, and Easter celebrations. We have a few other surprises planned too!